Friday, April 27, 2007

Robert Jordan

Well I am currently reading number 11 in his Wheel of Time series. I began this series years ago when I noticed most of the young men in my high school art class were reading his books, Ever eager to spur the imagination, or find a hook into the visual imagination of my students, I picked up the books to see what they were about. It is sorta kinda like Dune meets middle earth, with about five to ten main characters depending on how you define main...and they are all having these intertwined stories, adventures, quests, ect. If any of you ever work with children, young adults...it is always a good thing to pick up and read what they are reading --voluntarily, They often appreciate having an adult with whom to discuss the book, plus it gives great material for art work. More on this topic later...

No comments: