Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Puppy


Jim and I were taking the scenic route home from Chapel Hill. In Mississippi that means; winding roads, one lane bridges put in 50 years ago, crossing the might Pearl, in other words- deep country. It was in a particularly desolate area that we saw a young puppy on the side of the road. This pup looked forlorn. "Stop, stop the truck" Out I went, the pup was so weak its attempt to run away was easily overcome. As I was gathering her up I saw a dead dog in the ditch, I assume it was its mom? companion? any way it looked as if it had lost a fight with an automobile. The photos I am posting of Ellie Mae are taken after she has been with us six days. She has been to the vet, wormed, and shots given. She has also eaten almost nonstop. I did not want another dog after Pippen, the pee and poop can really get to me. However I think this little girl has won our hearts.

No comments: