Saturday, September 22, 2007

esl

Well I began some English as a second language training to help newcomers to these English speaking shores cope with conversational English. Our teacher, Mary Jane, was effective and entertaining. I do not know how many people will come to these classes, however, I am looking forward to working with these people. I remember how lost I felt in the Dominican. I knew a little Spanish, however what we learned in school and what I was hearing was very different. I cannot imagine the impact the strong, local southern accent has on these people's understanding. It should be interesting....

4 comments:

meredith said...

I can't wait to hear more about it-just remember to not overload yourself :)

Mia said...

ESL is challenging but satisfying work. I too look forward to hearing more about your experience. Where will the classes be held?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great endeavor! Let me know how it goes!
Miss seeing you!
Vicki

afreeflyingsoul said...

sounds like excitement!