Friday, March 20, 2009

Annoying mom thing

I have been thinking about what Jamie said to me and Daniel confirmed, that I am self righteous and overbearing. I surmise that my thinking which leads to self righteousness is this; I read and think I understand a scripture and how it applies to their lives and then try to force them to see it the same way. (That is probably closer to arrogance than self righteousness) Usually motivated by fear and anxiety over their well being which comes through in a very uncomfortable way.  This is a man centered approach to sanctification. It is Christ who sanctifies us, not ourselves nor our understanding, it is Christ who calls and creates the hunger and love for Him. And Christ is calling, sanctifying, and making us all whole, not only is He doing this but in the resurrection sense this work is already complete in the heavenlies; for all of us who call on His name...we may all be in different places in the working out of that salvation in our lives.   I become overbearing when I take my eyes off Christ, who is our sanctification as well as Lord of our holiness and understanding, and presume to play the Holy Spirit in their lives.  Christ is not making any mistakes in our sanctification and He does all things well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and it's a mighty good thing the He's in charge of it all, you know?

Thank you for your continued prayers - I really appreciate them! My mom is a very wonderful lady, however, she does not keep a blog. If you want to email her, she will (eventually) see it here: schwabclan@hbci.com. Thanks again!