Thursday, May 31, 2007

whew

Well it all started with a phone call Friday the 18th with the news of Aunt Nell's death. Meredith and I were cruising to Iowa by Friday and returned late Tuesday. Nell Shima was a wonderful woman and will be deeply missed. The funeral service was Catholic. It was the first Catholic funeral I have attended and I found a great deal of comfort in the ceremony associated with Nell's death. Meredith and I made it home by tuesday the 22, shopped for graduation the 23, the graduation was on the 24th and went wonderfully well...Mom and Dad came and we had a party that night, fun! Busy weekend, family came for a memorial day bar-b-que, yum, Mom came back from New York Tuesday, James flew in from Detroit that night. Jim got sick and remains so....flu I think, however he still pushes on...Mom and I have been shopping and visiting, she will leave this afternoon. I miss Duff alot.

2 comments:

n8 said...

i hope uncle jim doesnt have XDR TB

djdm.mom said...

thankfully he has not been flying anywhere lately...